I ordered a Papa Johns pizza deal where you purchase a gift card for $25 and you get two free large one topping pizzas. I tried to use this, and the gift card balance was zero.

I contacted "customer service" and was told they'd fix it and to try again. I tried again a couple of days later and the card still had no money on it. Contacted them again, they "re-send" the same gift card info. Still zero balance.

"Customer service" tells me to contact Papa Johns, who tell me there's nothing they can do. Back to "customer service" who say maybe I have to check my spam folder to find the info - I have the info, the card has no money on it! This time I file an official complaint - Groupon tells me they "value" me and they want to make it right. Get this, they then send me an e-mail asking me for my e-mail address...

At this point I tell them all I want is a refund. They respond by re-sending me the original gift card info - still with a zero balance. I again request a refund, they respond by saying maybe the info is lost in my spam folder again.

Finally I call requesting a refund - they're "very sorry" and say the balance should be refunded in the next ten business days. Right.....

Product or Service Mentioned: Groupon Gift Card.

Reason of review: All of the above!.

I didn't like: Overall awful experience.

Comments