Resolved

Update by user Jan 23, 2015

I decided to file a complaint with the BBB. But before I did that I politely informed Groupon of my intention.

To my surprise, I got an email back, from a different rep than I had previously had assigned to my complaint. This person was much more reasonable. He asked me to be patient while he worked on it.

In two days he got back to me with a full refund.

I say better late than never. It's almost never too late to do the right thing.

Original review posted by user Dec 09, 2014

I bought a weekend getaway to Niagara Falls. Scheduled my visit for 11/21/14.

In the few days leading up to that Friday, the Buffalo area got hit with eight FEET of snow. The New York State Thruway was closed. No way to get through Buffalo (we were coming from Rochester), I had to cancel my reservation. My fiance and I are both 60 yr.

olds; not smart for us to be trying to navigate through snow covered roads that the NY State Police say not to drive on. I contacted Groupon to see if they would help me get a refund due to these extraordinary circumstances. Their reply; "read the fine print; no refunds". Think they would at least work with me to get an exception to the "no rescheduling" restriction?

Like we already told you; read the fine print. I'm out about a hundred bucks, and Groupon will never get another dime from me.

Preferred solution: I don't want anything. Just want to warn others..

Comments