Lake Worth, Florida

I have received 3 emails fro a Groupon Getaway 4.5 Star South Beach Hotel from $119 per night. You go to the offer and the calendar shows nothing less than $189 per night.

Related: Groupon - BAD PRODUCT / Not worth the cheap $$$

I have complained to them and they give me answers like "I just double checked the deal, and it says that prices start at $189. There is always the possibility that there had been dates available at $119 that have now sold out. However, everything I see now says a higher price point for the deal.

That was sent to me after the second time the offer was made, on 1/6. Even though I clicked on the offer moments after receiving it.

So, today; I get the same offer and click on it within 10 minutes with the same results.

This is a classic "bait and switch" where a fake price is presented and when you go to purchase you are only offered a more expensive price.

Bait and Switch is illegal and Groupon should be made to pay a fine or provide $119 rooms.

Review about: Vacation Offer.

1.4
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Groupon Deal
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Pricing issue / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Groupon?

Comments

Bullhead City, Arizona, United States #1291297

Same thing is happening to me.Checking on prices for a hotel room for 2 nights near Phoenix.

It says $139 for the room at Courtyard by Marriott but when I have to select which kind of room, the only 2 available are 2 regular size beds for $334 or a king for $353.I'm not aware of hotels offering rooms with twins so that can't be their excuse.

Igor

Same thing for their Ireland castle tour for $999.When you go to buy it, the price nearly doubles.

Shameful and illegal.Groupon should be held accountable.