1.4

I have received 3 emails fro a Groupon Getaway 4.5 Star South Beach Hotel from $119 per night. You go to the offer and the calendar shows nothing less than $189 per night.

I have complained to them and they give me answers like "I just double checked the deal, and it says that prices start at $189. There is always the possibility that there had been dates available at $119 that have now sold out. However, everything I see now says a higher price point for the deal.

That was sent to me after the second time the offer was made, on 1/6. Even though I clicked on the offer moments after receiving it.

So, today; I get the same offer and click on it within 10 minutes with the same results.

This is a classic "bait and switch" where a fake price is presented and when you go to purchase you are only offered a more expensive price.

Bait and Switch is illegal and Groupon should be made to pay a fine or provide $119 rooms.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of groupon deal. Groupon needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned groupon deal in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Groupon.

Had an Experience with Groupon?

Comments

Same here .You can't reach a live person at Groupon.

That sucks big time!Only chat and they don't give any good explanations

Bullhead City, Arizona, United States #1291297

Same thing is happening to me.Checking on prices for a hotel room for 2 nights near Phoenix.

It says $139 for the room at Courtyard by Marriott but when I have to select which kind of room, the only 2 available are 2 regular size beds for $334 or a king for $353.I'm not aware of hotels offering rooms with twins so that can't be their excuse.

Same thing for their Ireland castle tour for $999.When you go to buy it, the price nearly doubles.

Shameful and illegal.Groupon should be held accountable.