600 W Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60654, USA
1.6K views

purchased an item on groupon..this is the third time they charged my credit twice for 1 purchase! customer service phone numbers don't work..live chat are idiots..and then you cant login..they are a scam!

then they say: can't correct the problem they made!!! because it's days after purchase..but you don't know if they made these charges until you receive your charge bill!! SCAM! purchased an item on groupon..this is the third time they charged my credit twice for 1 purchase!

customer service phone numbers don't work..live chat are idiots..and then you cant login..they are a scam! then they say: can't correct the problem they made!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Groupon Customer Care.

Groupon Cons: Cheats.

Comments

Groupon is a scam, they charged my credit card twice. And when I call them to complaint they said they can't do nothing about it. Be aware, they are a SCAM, I repeat "They are a SCAM.

I have had this EXACT same thing to happen to me. When I contacted them on this they went around the world with their answer.

This had been going on for awhile and I didn't realize it because I had ordered so many different products off of their website for at least a year. When I looked at the charges I thought that it was just one of the products that I ordered that was the same amount. However, when I went back to verify if it was I could not figure out what the heck was going on because they don't have to place taxes down. So let's say I paid $14.95 for something...it would show the $14.95 but when it was charged to my card it would be for a different amount.

When I went to palpal's site to see if I could figure out anything there, it does not state what the product that was ordered was...all it states is "goods." So I've held on to all of my receipts and I've tried to find the time to go through everything but it's been incredibly hard going through law school right now. I will say this, if any of you decide to order off of Groupon, make sure you order just one thing and keep your eyes on your account that's being charged. This company has done this to me MANY times and I feel that there should be better laws on companies like Groupon who knows what they are doing and yet does so because they know that they can get away with it due to the charges not having a mirror image to them. There have been several other companies who have done this exact same thing because of this one issue.

Redbox used to be one of those. Just keep your eyes open and watch your accounts is my best advice, if you choose to use one of these companies.

I was also charged double on a $300 dollar purchase. When I called the 800 number, I was told to go online and send an email with my issue.

within 30 seconds of sending the email, I receive a call from someone obviously not from the United States. He explained it was my bank Wells Fargo that created the issue, not them. Since Groupon.com is underhanded in their dealings, I have contacted the Attorney General's office in my state to file a complaint. If you have had this issue with Groupon, I would highly suggest you do the same.

If enough people complain, it will be investigated and groupon.com can fight the fraudulent practice. I am concerned there are many who don't realize they are being scammed....

@Big Ed Mustafa

I believe it was probably both Groupon and wells Fargo. Wells Fargo is another company who takes money out of people's accounts and doesn't take responsibility.

They've also done this for years to me. Again, it is extremely difficult to pinpoint how companies do this but it's obvious its being done when I have two accounts, with two different banks and I can balance one of my bank accounts to the T and Wells Fargo....well it's always off by $50-$200. When I've confronted them with this, naturally, they take no responsibility.

I'm told it must be something "I'm doing on my end." I'm getting to were I will just be my own bank at this point. Tired of companies stealing money every chance they get.

This is the second time Groupon has charged my account. I think this is an ongoing problem that Groupon deals with I believe that Groupon consistently double bills. Scamers

#1452056

I was ripped off by Groupon too.. U go there for a discount but get charged twice.

Why bother? ???

I was charged twice for $117!! And they keep giving me bs answers when I have already verified the charges with my bank account.

I will never buy off of them again.