Update added by user Jul 22, 2015
Groupon contacted me yesterday and refunded me with Groupon Bucks for the full cost. They apologized for the miscommunication.
Original review posted by user Jul 21, 2015
Groupon advertises a 24 week subscription to the Boston Herald Sunday edition only that retails for $136.00 for $70.00 (49% off). The problem is that the cost of home delivery of the Sunday edition is $66.00 - nowhere near the $136. This is a rip-off!
Without thinking I purchased it thinking I was getting a deal. I called the Boston Herald to activate the Groupon and they were the ones who told me that the cost was $66 which I confirmed on their website. The $66 is a 14% discount off the $72 retail price. Obviously $72 is no where near the $136 dollar savings that Groupon is claiming. Unfortunately, I can't cancel as I already activated it with the Herald.
So I wrote Groupon support thinking that they may have made a mistake on the ad and would want to fix it. Also, I wanted to get a refund for my overpayment. All I got was someone from support telling me that it is not their fault if the company changes the price - they put the ad up with the correct price at that time. I wrote them back and explained that this was not the case and it was never $136 but they have ignored all my emails. I asked to escalate to a supervisor but got nowhere.
I have bought things from Groupon before and have had no issue. But now I am so frustrated and believe they ripped me off. On top of that they are ignoring my emails wanting the 49% discount they promised.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Boston Herald 24-Week Sunday Subscription Coupon
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I ordered the mystery diamond deal the three piece one and it was 24 dollars. Another girl made a YouTube video of hers and it was a beautiful heart necklace..."
- "I called your corporate office and that was a joke. You can reach no one . I called for your legal department and no one knew of one. Your..."
- "I bought my 14KW in the summer of 2012. I told the dealer I was rebuilding my house after a "Fire" and I also said I was looking for something..."
- "They sent the wrong sneaker color..."
- "Ordered a No Rebels women's flowy tank from them - the picture showed an a-line flowy tank with a gathered back. Received it two weeks later than the one month..."
- "I have attached a photo, showing the females contacting me randomly. I signed up and made a fake profile EASILY. I got like 3 messages from females the second I joined. Usually..."
- "I am posting this review for my Son who has had a Very Negative experience with Ziebart Poe Ave. (Vandalia, Ohio) & Ziebart Troy, Ohio. Avoid Ziebart &..."
- "The first time I ordered from them I paid $50 something dollars but never could get my order . I decided to try again and 3 out of 4 of..."
- "Purchased a Super Start Powersport battery from Oreilly Auto and got ripped by Oreilly's. When I first 'unwrapped' the battery when I got home, the battery case was a very tight..."