Scituate, Massachusetts
Resolved

Update by user Jul 22, 2015

Groupon contacted me yesterday and refunded me with Groupon Bucks for the full cost. They apologized for the miscommunication.

Original review posted by user Jul 21, 2015

Groupon advertises a 24 week subscription to the Boston Herald Sunday edition only that retails for $136.00 for $70.00 (49% off). The problem is that the cost of home delivery of the Sunday edition is $66.00 - nowhere near the $136. This is a rip-off!

Without thinking I purchased it thinking I was getting a deal. I called the Boston Herald to activate the Groupon and they were the ones who told me that the cost was $66 which I confirmed on their website. The $66 is a 14% discount off the $72 retail price. Obviously $72 is no where near the $136 dollar savings that Groupon is claiming. Unfortunately, I can't cancel as I already activated it with the Herald.

So I wrote Groupon support thinking that they may have made a mistake on the ad and would want to fix it. Also, I wanted to get a refund for my overpayment. All I got was someone from support telling me that it is not their fault if the company changes the price - they put the ad up with the correct price at that time. I wrote them back and explained that this was not the case and it was never $136 but they have ignored all my emails. I asked to escalate to a supervisor but got nowhere.

I have bought things from Groupon before and have had no issue. But now I am so frustrated and believe they ripped me off. On top of that they are ignoring my emails wanting the 49% discount they promised.

Review about: Groupon Coupon.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments