Update added by user Jul 22, 2015
Groupon contacted me yesterday and refunded me with Groupon Bucks for the full cost. They apologized for the miscommunication.
Original review posted by user Jul 21, 2015
Groupon advertises a 24 week subscription to the Boston Herald Sunday edition only that retails for $136.00 for $70.00 (49% off). The problem is that the cost of home delivery of the Sunday edition is $66.00 - nowhere near the $136. This is a rip-off!
Without thinking I purchased it thinking I was getting a deal. I called the Boston Herald to activate the Groupon and they were the ones who told me that the cost was $66 which I confirmed on their website. The $66 is a 14% discount off the $72 retail price. Obviously $72 is no where near the $136 dollar savings that Groupon is claiming. Unfortunately, I can't cancel as I already activated it with the Herald.
So I wrote Groupon support thinking that they may have made a mistake on the ad and would want to fix it. Also, I wanted to get a refund for my overpayment. All I got was someone from support telling me that it is not their fault if the company changes the price - they put the ad up with the correct price at that time. I wrote them back and explained that this was not the case and it was never $136 but they have ignored all my emails. I asked to escalate to a supervisor but got nowhere.
I have bought things from Groupon before and have had no issue. But now I am so frustrated and believe they ripped me off. On top of that they are ignoring my emails wanting the 49% discount they promised.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Boston Herald 24-Week Sunday Subscription Coupon
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought a 10X diopter magnifier florescent hobby desk lamp from eHobbyTools several years ago on eBay. When it arrived I was instantly concerned about replacing the circular florescent bulb..."
- "beware that this individual is now doing business under these other names: opera fashion group inc opera fashion group llc opera by sueli costa llc gabikini bossa beach AMONG MANY OTHERS. this individual is a..."
- "For the record, I was a big Dr. Dabber fan. I owned their Ghost. I owned 2 Lights. No issues. I bought a Dr. Dabber Aura because of the magnetics. I..."
- "Steak 'n Shake Friday Evening 01/20/17 When I arrived there were ; 7 occupied tables, parties of 7,4,2,2,3,4,3 customers & 1@counter One server appeared to be working with a second..."
- "I'm not usually one to put businesses on blast on the internet BUT - Ridge Crossings Apartments is a joke of place to call a home, neighborhood, or property management..."
- "After getting through their phone system I finally got to a human. I ordered a timing chain set for my van that was claimed to be a Cloyes Gear &..."
- "Had these two sofas less than a year. Every time we sit on the sofas the seat cushions fall off the couch. Cushions are already misshapen and sagging. ..."
- "I love her!! She's so nice !need more ppl like her !..."
- "I received my order of helicopter parts and thought they shorted me some bearings. The website had a photo of 4 bearings and that's what I thought I was..."