1.4
Additional Fees
Ease of Use
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

On September 10, 2018 I ordered and paid for a product (Omaha Steak Package) using my PayPal account. Groupon then sent me an email stating "Unfortunately, we were unable to process your order for The BBQ or Bust Assortment. If you'd still like to buy this Groupon, please double-check your payment information, then try purchasing again. If you're still having trouble, please view these Purchase Troubleshooting Tips. Thank you, Groupon Customer Support". I clicked on the payment information link and found that they were phishing for my credit card information.

I contacted their online chat and was told "Yes, even if you use a Paypal account you must link your credit/debit card to PayPal account. So verify the billing information."

I did not provide the information. Since this would totally eliminate the security protection provided by using PayPal I am sure it was a phishing scam attempt.

(I froze my PayPal account immediately and hope that they haven't already scammed me out of too much money.)

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Warn the public of Groupon's credit card information phishing scam..

I didn't like: Credit card phishing attempt.

Comments

Hurricane Florence cancelled our trip. WE bought about $350 in Groupons and they would not refund or credit.

They protect the seller. Good bye Groupon!!!!!!!!!1