I got an Orange Leaf certificate as a gift.It was from Groupon.

I am not familiar with Groupon, so the resulting problem may be partly my fault. The paper I had, worth ten dollars, had no conditions written on it. When I got to Orange Leaf, they had lots of conditions. The most serious one was that they would not honor the ten dollar value.

For a purchase of 6.50, they would give no change or store credit. . They offered to let me get anything else in the store to bring up the purchase, but then they would not let me choose a gift card. They told me I could call a manager, but they would not give me a phone number.

They eventually called a manager for me and he was apologetic and understanding, but he said he did not have the authority to honor the ten dollar value. The two cashiers became increasingly defensive. They did acknowledge that they had had customers bring up this problem before.

I feel badly for them, forced to defend what appears to be a deceptive practice.If conditions like this really exist ( no change or store credit given) I suggest that Orange Leaf and Groupon put them in writing, clearly, on paper, and up front.

1.7
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Groupon?

Comments

New York, New York, United States #1304182

I have used Groupon a number of times and have gotten some great deals.The way it works is what you experienced - the entire voucher value must be used in one visit with no credits or cash back.

It's a rather annoying feature but I really like Groupon Local Deals as it makes for a fun outing for my son and I in our city.I suggest you peruse the website yourself and you will see that the conditions are plainly stated so there is little room for confusion when deciding on a purchase.