Groupon - Poor Quality Goods, Multiple Times

To be honest, I am extremely upset with Groupon.Both my fiancé and I have used this service for goods, and most, if not all have had to be returned due to damage or lack of quality.

I gave Groupon ONE more chance and bought a comforter and said "if this one turns out good, we will continue to purchase from them, if not, I'm done. He agreed. We received the comforter and it's the worst product yet (pictures below). I have already filed a return for this.

But how many times does one have to be inconvenienced waiting forever for something, being excited and then having to go out of your way to return it after all? This is completely unacceptable. I do have pictures of the product I/ my fiancé just received. I do hope Groupon takes the time to look at them and realize what it is they are shipping to LOYAL customers.

Unfortunately, they have lost 2 "goods" customers because of this. Word of mouth is the best advertisement, and I have nothing good to say.

Only thing I can or will find Groupon useful for is maybe dining or salons.Thanks for nothing.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 1 Yes 1 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 28, 2015 #1054869

I agree, you should never buy anything from Groupon Goods. I bought a fragrance diffuser and it was very poor quality. Broke within 2 uses. Same with the "Chloe" sunglasses I bought. The authenticity of these are questionable. Also, like you, I fell for their fake product photos and bought a comforter. It was the worse comforter set I have ever purchased and it took almost a month to get to me with no tracking number. They also sent me the wrong color! The comforter had broken seams, smelled of smoke/chemicals, and was stuffed into a box way too small for it. Ridiculous. I too, will never use Groupon for goods again. Some things "Made in China" are pretty high quality, but the ones sold on Groupon are the cheapest "Made in China" ones that give the country a bad rap. Never again.

Mar 26, 2014 #799027 Miami, Florida

Would never get anything from groupon except restaurant deals
However, as an owner of a small restaurant groupon only create a culture of people who will never pay full price for a meal. They simply move from restaurant to restaurant that uses groupon . They will drive miles out of there way to redeem the 50% deals.
I did use groupon once and my intent was to expose my restaurant to customers I may normally wouldn't have attracted .... What a mistake people came from all around said food was great etc. simply put I never saw them again. They just moved on to the next restaurant that was silly enough to used the groupon 1/2 off deal

Nov 26, 2013 #748045

There were no reviews at the time I purchased this unfortunately, otherwise I may have thought twice!

Nov 26, 2013 #748022

I only use groupon to purchase things like tickets. They can't be degraded or refused. Whenever you buy services or products you run a risk of not being provided with the service (refusal) and or poor service or products such as this case shows. I recently decided against buying an auto detailing package due to numerous yelp reviews that indicated that they provider refused to honor the groupon unless additional extra cost services were purchased or did a so so job.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Groupon. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Groupon.
Filing a new complaint about