Three weeks ago, I noticed a Groupon charge on my debit card.I had not ordered this service from Groupon and did not authorize any family member to do so.

I contacted customer service and they did not comprehend my problem. After many, many e-mails, they finally understood the issue and refunded my money. Three weeks later, I notice another unauthorized Groupon charge on the same card. Customer service again does not comprehend my inquiry and tells me I must contact the merchant directly for items damaged or not received.

But I never ordered the item and wanted a refund. After several e-mails, Groupon customer service kept repeating the same message: “contact the merchant directly for damaged or missing items”. Tired of this dance, I contacted my bank. To my dismay, my bank informs me that Groupon has set up a recurring charge on my account and that is why I'm getting monthly charges.

I NEVER authorized any such thing. My bank tells me to block my card and get a new one. What is going on? Groupon is either being hacked or one of their employees is running a scam.

Contacting Groupon customer service is a nightmare. They are not capable of understanding the problem and keep sending canned responses that do not resolve the issue. Or maybe they simply do not value security.

I will never use Groupon again, and if you do, keep a close eye on your credit or debit card.Something shady is going on at Groupon.

Review about: Nothing Charges Were Unauthorized.

I didn't like: Inability of customer service to comprehend and resolve issue.

1.6
Layout of Store
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $20
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Groupon?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.