Verified Reviewer

I booked a stay with Holiday Inn Express Windsor, CA. in Feb.

thru Groupon. Shortly after the world began dealing with the fallout of the Covid-19. I was in a wait and see if my event that I had booked this hotel room for would still take place starting April 17th. As I heard from no one updating me on this event I forgot about it until the day I was scheduled to arrive.

Realizing I was in a Covid fog and the day had come for me to be in California I panicked and called the hotel. They were very understanding and cancelled my reservation and informed me Groupon does not pay them until after the completion of the reservation. When I contacted Groupon they said no refund under any circumstances per "the fine print". So Groupon took my money and kept it since Feb.

They were out nothing as the hotel had cancelled my reservation. Essentially Groupon stole my money.

User's recommendation: DO NOT use Groupon as a merchant or a customer!!! Skip paying them and go directly to your merchant for services...they are the ones who should be paid NOT GROUPON!

Product or Service Mentioned: Groupon Hotel Room Coupon.

Groupon Cons: No customer support given extreme world pandemic.

Comments