I hate the fact that they take 52.5% of a special( not even regular price) & all the "cheap skate" customers.I am a hairstylist & I had Groupon put in the fine print that if their hair is past their shoulders or if they have thick hair there will be additional charges.

Of course, no one reads the fine print so I make the customer aware of this before they make the appointment so I don't have to haggle with them once they are in my chair. Sometimes they don't make the appointment because of that but I have to charge additional because that is my time, 29 yrs. of experience, & product. I am an independant contractor which means I am responsible for my products & rent of a station, so I have to make it worth my while or why even do it.

Besides I am not looking for a "cheap skate" client in the first place, so I say "good riddance" to people like that. It helps *** out the ones I don't want anyway. Most of the Groupon clients are salon hopping & are looking for a good deal on hair services not a new hairstylist, which really undercuts my profession, which is another reason I hate it. Although I have had, I would say about 10 to 20 % return it is definitely not the 80% or greater return Groupon says you will get.

I just look it as fill in between my regular clients & if I happen to get a new client out of it, that's great but I am not counting on it.I really wish there was a better way to advertise that would reach well paying clients but that doesn't take so much revenue from the merchant, so the we can make a descent living.

Review about: Hair Services.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Groupon Deal
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Groupon?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.